It can add a live chat room to BuddyPress, multiple skins and users single sign-on. And the best part is once the module is successfully installed, a free hosted chat will be assigned to your BuddyPress.
It adds a chat room with multiple skins and single sign-on. Recent changes: better chat room control in BuddyPress, added profile integration, live show , social connect feature and video conference.
1. Chat Button
Firstly a chat button will be added to the top menu of WordPress as the chat room entrance.
2. Single sign-on
Install the module, and the BuddyPress user database will be immigrated to the chat room and single sign-on will be enabled. It's all automatic! Then BuddyPress users may click the "Chat" button directly, without being asked to login again.
3. Chat Status
The following data of the chat room can be displayed on the WordPress index page.
- Chat room list
- Login user list
The 2 types of data can be individually disabled to displayed as you prefer.
There are a "Chat Now" button for users to enter the chat room, and an optional "Live Show" button to preview what's happening in a specific chat room.
4. Profile Integration
BuddyPress users profiles can be fully integrated to the chat room, so that the profile will appear in the context menu once clicking a username in the chat room. And it's also automatic!
5. Social Connect
Chat users can add linking to their Facebook, Twitter, Yahoo or Google account, so to update their status on the social networks with their activities in chat!
6. Control Panel
WordPress ACP-> “123FlashChat”, enter the setting panel of the module.
7. Choose Chat Clients
Three chat clients: the flash client is the standard one and has a mountain of features, while the HTML/Ajax chat client is extremely light and very flexible, even works on mobile phone. And an optional avatar chat client has walking talking cartoon figures.
8. Change Chat Size, Language
You can change chat window size and interface language.
9. Choose a Skin
You can choose a proper skin scheme to match your BuddyPress. There are multiple skins available:
10. Chat Admin Panel
Except the WordPress ACP, the chat admin panel is also imported here for your convenience. Please be aware that the admin account here might be different to that of the WordPress ACP.
|BuddyPress Chat Module
|File size: 27.1 KB
Installation Level: Intermediate
Installation Time: ~3 Minutes
|General Chat Demo
BuddyPress Chat Features
- Users integrated: BuddyPress users access accounts can be fully integrated to chat room.
- Single sign-on: No separate login is required.
- Profile Integrated: BuddyPress user profile can be fully integrated to chat room. New!
- Multiple skins: Thirteen skins are available to fit in your CMS.
- Various chat clients: A standard Flash client has full features, a small and neat HTML/Ajax client is light and flexible in size and therefore can be used as a shoutbox, etc.
- Customizesize and interface language to match your CMS.
- Admin Panel: A chat admin panel is available for paid user to customize the chat room.
- Display chat data: chat room list, online users, chat user names, etc. can be displayed or not.
- Social connect features: social sign-on, linking, sharing, Facebook chat, tweet chat and follow a Twitter user. New!
- Optional live show is available for paid users to preview what's happening in a specific room. New!
- Luxurious chat features: Lobby and private chat, Avatar, smilies, flash emotions, etc.
- Free hosted chat available.
- Optional Video Conference chat for paid users. New!
- Professional support staff for paid chat hosting user or license buyer.
- Mobile Apps: Chat owners may launch your iPhone, iPadand Android apps for users to chat anywhere, anytime. Details New!
123 Flash Chat provides three options for webmaster, free trial license, free hosting or paid ones.
BuddyPress is an open source social networking software package owned by Automattic since 2008. It is a plugin that can be installed on WordPress to transform it into a social network platform. BuddyPress is designed to allow schools, companies, sports teams, or any other niche community to start their own social network or communication tool.