This quick tutorial explains how to launch the whiteboard and video chat functions in 123 Flash Chat with Wowza media server 2.
Install and Configure Wowza Media Server 2
There is no Wowza Media Server 2 yet in the current 123 Flash Chat installation package, so please download it here:
1. Create an Application
To use Wowza Media Server 2, you may begin with creating an application. Add an application simply by creating a sub folder in the [install-dir]/applications
For example, to create a new application named 123 flash chat, just create a folder: [install-dir]/applications/123flashchat
2. Default Config File
The application is now ready for the simple video on demand streaming. It will use the default config file in the [install-dir]/conf
(The default config file)
3. Unique Config File
To give an application its own Application.xml
instead of the default one, just create a sub folder with the same name of the application in the [install-dir]/conf
folder and copy the default config file into the new folder. [install-dir]/conf/123flashchat/Application.xml
(Config file for 123 flash chat
In which [install-dir]
indicates the folder in which Wowza Media Server was installed, however, the installation folder differs based on platform:
- Windows: C:\Program Files\Wowza Media Systems\Wowza Media Server [version]
- Mac OSX: /Library/WowzaMediaServer
- Linux/Unix: /usr/local/WowzaMediaServer
You can refer to http://www.wowzamedia.com/forums/content.php?3-quick-start-guide and http://www.wowzamedia.com/resources/WowzaMediaServer_UsersGuide.pdf for more details.
4. Launch the Whiteboard Module
(Skip 4 if the whiteboard function is not needed.)
Put the file FCWhiteBoardModule.jar
you've bought to the folder [install-dir]/lib/
5. Change Config to Support 123 Flash Chat
To enable video chat function, please open file [install-dir]/conf/123flashchat/Application.xml
Find node <StreamType>
Edit to <StreamType>live</StreamType>
To enable whiteboard, find Modules node, and add the following module sub node
Eg, the final format is as follows.
6. Restart Server
Restart the Wowza Media Server 2 to make the changes effective.
We offer installation service of Wowza Media Server 2 for 123 Flash Chat, on condition that you will provide the SSH account (for Unix/Linux server) or the remote control account (for Windows server). And we guarantee to make backup copies before we start, you can also change the password when we are done.
Service fee: $100, for Wowza Media Server 2 installation and integration with 123 Flash Chat. Disclaimer
Please be aware that we can only install Wowza Media Server 2 instead of maintaining it. Because Wowza Media Server 2 is not our product and we didn't develop it at the first place.
Thank you for understanding.
Configure 123 Flash Chat Video Module
1. The trial edition of 123 Flash Chat is bound with a video module already, but not the full edition, if latter case, please make sure you have already purchased the video module ($299) .
Otherwise buy it here: http://www.123flashchat.com/order/buy_module.php
2. Log in to the 123FlashChat Admin Panel using an admin account.
3. Module Settings-> Flash Media Server Address, configure URI to: rtmp://[your_wowza_server_IP]:1935/123flashchat
(Replace [your_wowza_server_ip] to the real IP) and save.
4. Module Settings-> Audio/Video Module, check the option: Enable video and Enable audio, save.
Please don't hesitate to ask further questions!
Just drop an email to support(at)123flashchat.com and we'll help you!
About Wowza Media Server 2 Wowza Media Server 2
is the proven, unified, industrial strength media server for live and on-demand video/audio streaming, video/audio/text chat, recording and more. It takes your H.264 content to any screen - the desktop, mobile and the living room - to all popular media platforms:
- Adobe® Flash®
- Apple® iOS: iPhone®, iPad™, and iPod® touch
- Microsoft® Silverlight®
- Apple QuickTime™
- Android™, Blackberry® and other 3GPP platforms
- Set-top boxes and more...