For license User
Instructions to upgrade to the version 6.9.6 :
Basically ever since v6.9, two keys will be required to launch the full version, the "fcserver.jar" and the unique serial number named "license.dat" we've created especially for any individual customer, which contains the concurrent users limit and extra modules and so on.
Therefore, to upgrade to the version 6.9.6 , please first put the two keys into the respective folders after installing v6.9.6 . Whatâ€™s more, if the old settings and data are very important, don't forget to backup them before upgrade.
Since the XML configuration is kept in the client side originally and then in the server side after v6.8, so refer to the following instructions:
For post-v6.8 user:
1) Backup the following files and folders involving old configuration and data:
2) Install v6.9.6 trial version which can be downloaded from http://www.123flashchat.com/download.html
3) Stop the chat server firstly.
4) Replace the new fcserver.xml, server.xml, client.xml and the "data" folder with the former ones to reserve the former settings and data.
5) Copy "fcserver.jar" file to: <123flashchat installed directory>/server/lib/
6) Copy "license.dat" file which we generated especially for your domain to: <123flashchat installed directory>/server/license/
7) Start the chat server to launch the full version of v6.9.6.
For pre-v6.8 user:
* Important Note
Since v6.8, the value of the host and port are both controlled by the HTML code instead of by the xml configuration, you need to check the HTML code and make sure if there is "init_host" and "init_port" arguments right after "123flashchat.swf".
If not, install a v6.8 demo version and use the "Publish Chat" button in local demo to generate new code and update the HTML code accordingly.
Don't forget to disable the downward compatibility in admin panel to prevent being hacked from tools like WPE pro.