To add a feature-rich chat room to your Mambo, please refer to the following instructions.
Firstly, please download Mambo chat module, and uncompress the package.
Then copy the following files.
1. Copy: 123flashchat.php To: <Mambo installed directory>/123flashchat.php This file is very essential to your Mambo chat room.
2. Copy: login_chat.php To: <Mambo installed directory>/login_chat.php
3. Copy: mysql4.php To: <Mambo installed directory>/mysql4.php
4. Copy: folder chat/ To: <Mambo installed directory>/chat/
Secondly, install the module in admin panel. Please enter your Mambo website admin panel ->Installers -> Universal -> Upload Package File: mod_chat.zip.
Thirdly, Configure chat module's running mode:
1. Please enter your Mambo website admin panel -> Module-> Site Module
2. Click "Chat", and configure your chat setting there.
3. Please choose the running mode according to your need.
(1) Chat server is hosted by your own. If your chat is hosted by your own, 123FlashChat server software should be installed at first, please download 123FlashChat software.
Then configure the following parameters:
(2) Chat server is hosted by 123flashchat.com. If your chat is hosted by 123flashchat.com, you donâ€™t need install 123FlashChat server software, and connect to your host chat room directly. Please configure the following parameters:
(3) Chat server is hosted by 123flashchat.com free of charge If you prefer free hosting, then you don't have to install 123 Flash Chat server software, we take care the hosting and all you need to do is just pick a room name you want.
Please configure the following parameters: Chat room name: "Your Room Name" (If you leave room name as blank, the default room name's value will be your domain's name.)
Fourthly, integrate your chat with Mambo user database, after doing that, users can single sign-on your Mambo chat, it means they won't have to enter their accounts again. If you choose running mode (1) or mode (2), you need to set Auth-URL by following the instructions below.
3 Change URL to: http://<Mambo install directory>/login_chat.php?username=%username%&password=%password%
4 Press OK to save your setting.
5 Restart chat server at System Management -> Restart
The following image describes how auth-URL integration works.
The Auth-URL application will perform as the communicating medium of the chat server and the database, i.e.: in fact, when a user logs on a chat server, the server won't connect to the user database directly, instead, it will send the username and password to the Auth- URL. Then the Auth- URL requests the database to authenticate the user. Finally, the Auth- URL will return the feedback to the chat server in a predefined way, whether approved or declined.
Finally, you need to enable chat module in Mambo, or it canâ€™t appear in your website. Please login your website admin panel -> Module-> Site Module-> Enabled it