It can add a chat room based on Java server and Flash client to Moodle, sixteen skins and users fully integrated. And the best part is once the module is successfully installed, a free hosted chat will be assigned to your Moodle.
It adds a chat room with multiple skins and single sign-on. Recent changes: Mobile App and HTML5 client, admin clearing screen for all, social connect feature, better chat room control in Moodle ACP, profile integration & avatar integration, video conference, membership upgrade.
1. Chat Button
Firstly a chat button will be added to the top menu of Moodle.
2. Single sign-on
Install the module, and the Moodle user database will be immigrated to the chat room and single sign-on will be enabled. It's all automatic!
Then Moodle users may click the "Chat" button directly, without being asked to login again.
3. Chat Status
The following data of the chat room can be displayed on the Moodle index page to attract more users to join chatting.
- Total connections, total logon users, rooms
- Login user list
4. Add Live Show and Social Features for HTML chat
Chat users can add linking to their Facebook, Twitter, Yahoo or Google account, so to update their status on the social networks with their activities in chat! More chat plugins are introduced into the HTML5 client to make the chat more fun and appealing, such as marquee messages, bid sofa, Facebook fan, Facebook like, Twitter, games, YouTube. Etc.
5. Choose a Skin
You can choose a proper skin scheme to match your Moodle. There are sixteen skins available:
6. Mobile Chat App
123 Flash Chat released its mobile apps for iPhone, iPad and Android. The mobile app is an efficient marketing tool for the chat room owner to promote the chat room to the millions of users, meanwhile, the chat users may explore thousands of chat rooms with it, and never miss any fun!
|For Moodle || ||General Chat Demo |
File size: 24.1KB
|Installation Level: Intermediate |
Installation Time: ~5 Minutes
Moodle Chat Features
- Users integrated: Users of your Moodle can be fully integrated to chat room.
- Single sign-on : No separate login is required.
- Profile integrated: Moodle user profiles can be fully integrated to chat room. New!
- Avatar integrated: Moodle users avatars can be transferred as well. New!
- Multiple skins: Sixteen skins are available to fit in your CMS.
- Various chat clients: A standard Flash client has full features, enhanced HTML 5 chat client has vivid appearance and loading fast.
- Customize size and interface language to match your CMS.
- Admin Panel: A chat admin panel is available for paid user to customize the chat room.
- Display chat data: chat room list, online users, chat user names, etc. can be displayed or not.
- Admin Clearing Screen for All users. New!
- Social connect features: social sign-on, linking, sharing, Facebook chat, tweet chat and follow a Twitter user. New!
- Luxurious chat features: Lobby and private chat, Avatar, smileys, flash emotions, post-notifier, etc.
- Free hosted chat available.
- Free Video Support for paid users.
- 30 Days Free Video Support for new text chat buyers.New!
- Hand-raising Feature is enabled.New!
- 16 skins available.New!
- Powerful Administration for paid users.
- PPM/PPV support for paid users. Make profit by running the chat. New!
- Virtual Gift available, vivid and amazing.
- Mobile APP available; Iphone, Ipad and Android devices supported. New!
- Video Conference available.
- Professional support staff for paid chat hosting user or license buyer.
123 Flash Chat provides three options for webmaster, free trial license, free hosting or paid ones.
Click here to get more details for free chats.
Moodle is free software that you can use to create interactive web sites where teachers and students can communicate and collaborate in educational ways. It needs to be installed on a web server somewhere (which could be one of your own computers or one at a web hosting company).
The focus of the Moodle project is always on giving educators the best tools to manage and promote learning, but there are many ways to use Moodle:
- Moodle has features that allow it to scale to very large deployments and hundreds of thousands of students, yet it can also be used for a primary school or an education hobbyist.
- Many institutions use it as their platform to conduct fully online courses, while some use it simply to augment face-to-face courses (known as blended learning).
- Many of our users love to use the many activity modules (such as Forums, Wikis, Databases and so on) to build richly collaborative communities of learning around their subject matter (in the social constructionist tradition), while others prefer to use Moodle as a way to deliver content to students (such as standard SCORM packages) and assess learning using assignments or quizzes