3. Please open <MyBB installed directory>/index.php
// begin 123 flash chat mod include require_once MYBB_ROOT."123flashchat/functions_chat.php";
Thirdly, configure MyBB chat module's running mode. Please choose the running mode according to your need, and the configuration path is <MyBB installed directory>/123flashchat/flashchatconf/config.php.
Then configure the following parameters: $running_mode
Configuration reference: $running_mode = 1; (only 1 or 2 or 3)
1. Chat server is hosted by your own ($running_mode = 1). If your chat is hosted by your own, 123FlashChat server software should be installed at first, please download 123FlashChat.
2. Chat server is hosted by 123flashchat.com ($running_mode = 2). If your chat is hosted by 123Flashchat.com, no 123FlashChat server software is needed to be installed; you may connect to your host chat room directly.
Configure the following parameters: $client_size_width = 634; $client_size_height = 476; $client_location = "http://host*.123flashchat.com/hostname/";
3. Chat server is hosted by 123flashchat.com free of charge ($running_mode = 3). If you prefer free hosting, then you don't have to install 123 Flash Chat server software, we take care the hosting and all you need to do is just pick a room name you want.
Configure the following parameters: $room_name = "YourRoomName";
(If you leave $room_name as blank, the default $room_name's value will be your domain's name.) $client_size_width = 634; $client_size_height = 476;
Fourthly, integrate your chat with MyBB user database, after doing that, users can auto-login your MyBB chat, it means they won't have to enter their accounts again.If you choose running mode (1) or mode (2), you need to set Auth-URL by following the instructions below.
3. Change URL to http://<MyBB installed directory>/123flashchat/login_chat.php?username=%username%&password=%password%
4. Press OK to save your setting.
5. Restart chat server at Server Management -> Restart.
The following image describes how auth-URL integration works.
The Auth-URL application will perform as the communicating medium of the chat server and the database, i.e.: in fact, when a user logs on a chat server, the server won't connect to the user database directly, instead, it will send the username and password to the Auth- URL. Then the Auth- URL requests the database to authenticate the user. Finally, the Auth- URL will return the feedback to the chat server in a predefined way, whether approved or declined.