To add a feature-rich chat room to your phpFox 2.x, please refer to the following instructions.
Firstly, please download phpFox chat module, and uncompress the package.
Then copy files: 1. Copy: module/chat/ To: <phpFox installed directory>/module/chat/
2. Copy: 123flashchat_install.php To: <phpFox installed directory>/123flashchat_install.php
3. Copy: login_chat.php To: <phpFox installed directory>/login_chat.php
Secondly, install module. The file 123flashchat_install.php needs to be run in order to complete the installation. So please visit <your phpFox website>/123flashchat_install.php, you can find the installation is so easy.
Thirdly, carry changes into effect, please login phpFox admin panel->Tools->Maintenance->Cache Manager, and then clear all cache.
Note: Please make sure you can clear cache in admin panel, or you must delete all the files in the folder <phpFox installed directory>/file/cache/.
Fourthly, please login phpFox admin panel->Modules->Chat->Chat Settings, then configure the parameters.
1. Server Mode and Integration URL Here you may choose the chat server mode (self hosted, TOPCMM paid hosting or TOPCMM free hosting) in the Basic Settings. If you choose Chat server hosted by your own, 123FlashChat server software should be installed at first, please download 123FlashChat.
And then set Auth-URL by the instruction that mentions from1.1~1.5.
If you choose Chat server hosted by 123FlashChat, not only you need to set Auth-URL by the instructions that mentions from1.1~1.5, but also write your Chat Client Location.
Or you choose Chat server hosted by 123FlashChat free of charge.
Please fill in your chat room name. (If you leave room name as blank, the default room name's value will be your domain's name.)
If you choose the first mode or second mode, you need to set Auth-URL by the instructions below. 1.1 Log in the Chat Admin Panel from phpFox admin panel.
1.2 Server Settings ->Integration ->DataBase ->SELECT: URL ->edit.
1.3 Change URL which has Auto-detected for you.
1.4 Press OK to save your setting.
1.5 Restart chat server at System Management -> Restart
2. The following data of the chat room can display on phpFox index page to attract more users to join chatting. Show Chat Status Show Room List Show User List
3. Various client modes and different open modes You need to choose a chat client according to your need, as following: Flash Chat Client (standard, with full features), HTML/Ajax Chat Client (simple and neat) Avatar Chat Client (with walking cartoon figures). Also please set the chat client presents embedded or popup.
4. Change size, language and skin You can change chat window size, language and a proper skin to match your website.
Nine skins options are available:
5. After setting, please click â€œsubmitâ€ to save your chat configuration.